Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Binging

This is definitely one of those posts that I'll come back and read from time to time when I'm feeling that desire to binge. If I got through it once, I can get through it again.

Original Post: I'm fighting a serious urge to binge right now. It's the first day of that time of the month so my hormones are all over the place and I'm exhausted, my sinuses are acting up, I'm freezing in my office and there is sawing happening outside my office window, work is super busy (and our internet has been down all morning, to boot), and I've got a ton going on personally. overall, just having a tough day. So here I am, looking for accountability. I hit goal yesterday, so I really don't want to mess this up (I'm worried about bloating/retaining water the way it is.). But MAN is that urge strong. Going to scroll through and hopefully get some strength from your posts! Encouragement is more than welcome right now!

Dietbet Encouragement:
  • You can do it! Try drinking some green tea--the caffeine will give you some energy, the steam will help clear your sinuses, and the warmth will warm up and relax you. If the urge is still there, take a moment to munch on a healthy snack, slowly and without distractions. And I'll say it again: you can do it!
  • Stacie, when I get the urge to binge, I'm usually just dehydrated. Can you drink something hot that's low-calorie? Tea? Hot water with lemon? Think how much better you're going to look and feel this summer and keep fighting. You can do it!
  • I just went through the exact same thing last week - It was that time of the month and the bloating was unbelievable! I didn't eat that much but the more water I drank to flush it, the more I retained. I tried motrin and that helped a bit but I look forward to hearing any suggestions also.
  • Go drink something calming and warm... maybe even splurge on a small hot chocolate. Remember again why you are trying to lose the weight. Refocus and ask yourself what you have to do to achieve it. Hang in there!
  • Im having a terrible day as well! Everything that can go wrong is. I was considering binging after work too but heres what we should remember...tomorrow morning, when we dont binge...how great it will feel compared to a binge...ya know? We can do this! To reduce bloating...try no carb for a few days...helped me during that time of the month... ;)
  • If I was in this situation, I would eat a few pieces of dark chocolate with almonds - good for your heart!
  • You are so strong! Despite all of the excuses you have to binge today, you're not going to! I know you can do this!
  • You've got this!! Best part is your realizing you want to binge before doing it!! That's a huge win .. Stink some water if you still feel hungry then grab some almonds or a yogurt something that's healthy to munch on . I always go to water first as I realize I'm not always hungry but dehydrated
  • Its days like this that will test you to the limit, stay strong, keep plenty of flavored water around (I could not make it without my Dasani Drops) and ride it out. Above all keep track of what you do on days like today so that when you have another day like this one you can draw on the strength of you previous successes. You can do it!
  • You can do it! I love to write, you? - perhaps you can start with ' Dear Craving, You are strong right now, but I am stronger.....'
  • I am so in the same boat right now. Noone better walk by me with chocolate or I will spring on them like a wild animal....And MUST PEOPLE BREATHE!!! Going to put in my headphones and blast music until the blah goes away. We can do it!
  • Stacie, it's getting through the tough times that really demonstrate we have a new PERMANENT lifestyle. Not that a slip here and there won't happen; of course it will. But when you can analyze, know why it's happening, and know dang well you don't want to suffer the consequences, you move on and succeed!
  • Give your self some tlc...tender loving care...when your day is done....do something truly for you...take a hot bath...have a hot drink...tea....cocoa...& relax

Update: I have successfully avoided a binge today! This afternoon, I did take a break from work and walked to a coffee shop where I got a latte and a couple locally-made specialty caramels that I had been wanting to try. Was it a splurge? Sure. But it was DEFINITELY much fewer calories than a binge would have been! I had a little treat and have no desire to binge anymore! I'm going to hit up a zumba class after work to shake off the rest of the day's negativity and burn off the extra calories that I consumed. Again -- thank you so much for your support -- it definitely helped!!

No comments:

Post a Comment