Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Week 2 Weigh-In

Ha. You guys (the imaginary people that I pretend read this blog) thought that I had forgetten all about this blog in less than a week, didn't you? Come on, admit it.

I didn't. Jokes on you.

It's Tuesday, so it's time for a weekly weigh-in.


Last Week's Weight: 247.8 lbs
Current Weight: 247.8 lbs
Difference: 0.0 lbs


Well, there we have it. One week back on the blog and a 0.0 loss. I mean, I guess it’s better than a gain, right?

The problem is that I’m not putting in the work to see the change I want to see. While I’m running consistently (sticking with my marathon training) – my eating just isn’t there. WAY too much junk food. And not just the occasional candy bar. Full on binging. For no apparent reason. I mean, I know there IS a reason, I just don’t know what it is. That, my friends, is what this blog will hopefully help me to discover. I just want to eat. All the time. It barely matters WHAT I’m eating.

But this comes back to what I wrote about last week. I need to start CHOOSING to be healthy. I need to start consciously deciding to have a healthy day. This morning I had every intention of stopping to pick breakfast up at McDonalds. But as I drove there, I decided not to. Mostly because I realized I’d want something with cheese on it (more on that later) – but I need to get to the point that that’s not even an option. Because I know that a McDonald’s breakfast would lead to junk food at work. And an unhealthy lunch. And probably an unhealthy dinner. It’s a snowball. And at some point, I need to stop that snowball from forming. So, today, my only goal is not to binge. I'm focusing for one day and one goal. Because otherwise I'll get overwhelmed and well, binge. See how that works?
 
I'll report back.

No comments:

Post a Comment