Friday, April 10, 2015

INSANITY


Last week, a friend of mine invited me to join her Insanity boot camp class. She has been taking it for a while, but said that I could definitely do it. Because of my push to my 30th birthday and that this 6-week class fit so nicely into that timeframe, I decided to go for it. I didn't look up Insanity before the class because well, I was afraid of psyching myself out.

As the class neared, I started to really get into my head about it. The same doubts that creep up every time I do something for the first time. I went for my daily lunch walk on Wednesday and listened to the #WYCWYC podcast and realized exactly that... I would #wycwyc the Insanity class. I knew I wasn't going to be able to do all the moves -- but I decided to do what I could. I was going to give it my all and that was going to be enough. And you know what happened? I didn't do all the moves. I did a lot of modifications. I had to stop a couple times to let my heart catch up. But that was ok. I did the class, I survived, and my triceps are still sore!! Next week, I'll be able to do a little more than I did today and by the time the 6 weeks are done, I'll be exponentially better than I was this week.

My goal for the class is, by the 6th week, to be able to do the full 30 seconds of burpees. That seems reasonable, no?

No comments:

Post a Comment