Wednesday, April 1, 2015

March Recap

This morning I weighed in for my Dietbet game -- 234.2 lbs. Did I make goal? Not even close. Am I down from where I was on March 1? Yes (just barely). Honestly, at this point, I need to consider that a success. Maintaining is better than gaining.

March was tough. I got off track at the beginning of the month, traveled a lot, and just overall wasn't doing what I needed to lose weight. I've recommitted and now have a plan (see my last post) -- and I'm ready to lose some more weight. I have a goal of 219 lbs by my 30th birthday (May 15) -- which is about 6 weeks away. 15 lbs in 6 weeks is a little bit of a stretch, but I really think it's doable.

I know at this point it's a mental game -- I can physically do what I need to be doing -- but getting my mind into it -- convincing myself that I DON'T need that snack or that I WON'T die if I keep running -- is what I need to work on now. The last week, I've gotten much better at telling myself NO -- no need for fast food on my way home, I have stuff in the fridge. No need to get a snack after going out for lunch with a friend because I just ate and I'm not hungry and even if I was, I have healthy snacks back in the office. No slacking off on exercise just because I'm feeling lazy.

I decided to join a second Dietbet Transformer this morning -- to give me that extra push that I need. And to make sure I keep losing even after I meet my 10% with the first Transformer. This month I have to lose 7.4lbs, which can happen. I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment